06 Jun post yoga brunch recipes!
Posted at 10:57h in News
I want to share with you some of my favourite brunches which I sometimes make after my morning yoga practice! They are all quick and easy recipes which take between 5-15 minutes to make. All the brunches are vegetarian and some are vegan, or you can add vegan substitutes if you prefer. As many people know I absolutely love food (haha), I have never eaten much meat but I have been vegetarian for eighteen months now and I feel so much better and healthier for it, I’ve found it’s actually really easy to cook delicious vegetarian meals and they are usually healthier too! So here goes…
Banana pancakes – Makes 5-6 pancakes
- 1 large ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- 3 table spoons of oats
- Your favourite healthy toppings
- Put a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat and add a drizzle of oil to the pan (you don’t need much!).
- Blend banana, eggs and oats together in a food processor or a whisk until you have a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into the frying pan in small circles around 4-5” wide.
- Wait around 30 seconds and flip the pancake with a spatula and cook for a further 30 seconds.
- Top with your favourite toppings! I like blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, natural yoghurt and honey.
Smashed avocado and poached eggs on toast
- 1 or 2 slices of wholemeal/brown sliced bread
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 lime
- Small handful of fresh coriander
- Sprinkle of salt/pepper
- 1 egg
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and crack your egg into a bowl (this makes it easier to slide into the pan).
- Stir the water to create a gentle whirlpool.
- Slowly tip the egg into the centre of the pan. Make sure the heat is low enough not to throw the egg around – there should only be small bubbles rising.
- Cook for 4 minutes or until the white is set.
- Put your toast in the toaster.
- Scrape the avocado into a bowl and begin to mash with a fork, add the coriander, a small sprinkle of salt and pepper, and squeeze a drizzle of lime juice into the bowl and continue to mash until you’ve reached your desired texture.
- Spread the avocado over the toast and add the poached egg on top!
Banana and cinnamon porridge
- 1 ripe banana
- ¼ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 50g of oats
- 150ml Oat milk (or water or milk of your choice)
- Drizzle of maple syrup or honey
- Berries for the toppings.
- Add porridge and milk to a pan.
- Bring to a simmer for 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Slice the banana and add to the porridge and stir for a further 2-3 minutes, to give you a smooth, creamy porridge.
- Stir the cinnamon, and a little maple syrup or honey through the porridge.
- Scatter the berries on top and enjoy!
Pesto and mozzarella Bagel
- 1 bagel of your choice
- 1 table spoon of green pesto
- 1 mozzarella ball (or you can use feta if you prefer)
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- Black pepper
- Cut the bagel in half and toast it.
- Once it is toasted add the pesto and spread it around both halves of the bagel.
- Cut the Mozzarella or Feta into thing slices and add on top of the bagel.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes into slices and add to the top
- Top with as much rocket and black pepper as you like.